1. Utilization of Personal Information
The Company collects personal information of a customer with a customer’s consent, including the name, email address, address, etc., in the registration of the customer on the Website operated by the Company. The Company utilizes such information for the provision of email newsletters or services and information requested by customers and for the improvement of convenience of customers in their utilization of the Website.
- When the Company collects personal information of a customer, the Company will clarify the purpose of collection beforehand and collect the personal information within a scope of the purpose of collection. Further, the Company utilizes personal information of a customer within a scope that is in conformity with the purpose of collection.
- The Company utilizes personal information of a customer collected, within the purpose of collection of such personal information, and does not utilize it for purposes other than the purpose of collection or provide to a third party such personal information of a customer without the prior consent of the customer.
- The Company complies with the laws and codes that are applied in relation to personal information held by the Company.
- The Company implements continual improvement of the management system and structure of the protection of personal information.
2. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company respects the privacy of a customer and takes the utmost care for the protection of personal information of a customer. The Company will not disclose to a third party personal information of a customer acquired through the customer’s use of the Site of The Chemical Daily Co.; provided, however, that in cases falling under each of the items below, the Company may disclose personal information of a customer without the customer’s prior consent:
- (1) Cases where the Company is required to make a disclosure under a law or regulation;
- (2) Cases where the Company judges making a disclosure is necessary for the protection of the right, interest, reputation, credit, etc., of the Company, other customers and third parties;
- (3) Cases where the customer gives prior consent to the disclosure of his or her personal information
3. Collection of Access Log
The Company may collect information on computer software and hardware used by customers. Such information includes IP address, browser type, domain name, access time, URLs of referred websites, etc. The Company utilizes the information collected to monitor improper access, strengthen security and improve quality of service, and as statistics in general to investigate and analyze website user trends, and does not utilize any access log of customers to identify personal information of customers.
The Company collects and refers to Cookie Information of customers for the management of the Website.
Cookie Information is the information that is transferred by websites to user’s computer hardware by using a technology called Cookie, the standard technology in the industry, to record and save data of customers. We will not collect personal information of customers by Cookie. You may disable the function of cookie by changing the setting of the browser you are using, but in some cases you may no longer be able to utilize all or a part of the services on the pages of the Website.
5. Amendment and Notification
6. Inquiries about Personal Information
For inquiries about the protection of personal information, please contact the following:
Our Site may include links to external sites.
The Chemical Daily Co., Ltd.
20 November, 2019